November 4, 2018
Osaka, Edion Arena Osaka
The Gate of Destiny 2018
0. K-ness.⭕️, Problem Dragon (3:59 Hikari no Wa) “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa, Shachihoko Boy❌
1. Ryo Saito, Don Fujii, Gamma⭕️ (8:30 Skytwister Press) Punch Tominaga, “brother” YASSHI, Hyo Watanabe❌
2. Eita⭕️, Yasushi Kanda, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, DAGA (8:22 Murder Superkick) Kagetora, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T, Kota Minoura❌
3. Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match: Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi vs. Naruki Doi, Jason Lee, Kaito Ishida vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Shun Skywalker, Yuki Yoshioka
①Ishida⭕️ (15:15 Tiger Suplex Hold) Yoshioka❌
②Kzy⭕️ (18:58 Impact) Ishida❌
☆5th Defense by Natural Vibes
4. International Special Singles Match: PAC⭕️ (17:45 Black Arrow) Flamita❌
5. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Dragon Kid⭕️ (11:17 Dragonrana) Bandido❌
☆1st Defense by Dragon Kid
6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: YAMATO⭕️, BxB Hulk (14:11 Frankensteiner of the Almighty) Big R Shimizu, Takashi Yoshida❌
☆3rd Defense by Tribe Vanguard
7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Masato Yoshino⭕️ (25:07 Sol Naciente Kai) Ben-K❌
☆4th Defense by Yoshino
Natural Vibes tied the Triangle Gate defense record with their 5th defense. Backstage, they were confronted by Saito, Fujii, & Gamma. If Vibes were paying attention to the opener, they would understand why they were here. Gamma asked if they saw his gorgeous(?) Skytwister Press. They were in fact, not watching. Saito assumed they were terrified of the Mighty Sugamoto. Gamma said it was shameful that a bald guy was a champion. They challenged them to a Triangle Gate title match. After some arguing over the location (Fujii wanted to do it at Nippon Budokan, but that was unrealistic), the just agreed to the match in principle. The company later set the match for 11/18 in Nobeoka.
Eita attacked Kid after his match. Why is Eita being relegated to second on the card while DK is out here putting on these terrible performances? It’s a conspiracy and it’s all DK’s fault. Dk told him that it is no one’s fault but his own. Besides; regardless of whether it is the opener or the second match or the main event, Dragon Gate wrestlers give their all. Eita got annoyed and attacked again, going for his mask. Punch made the save. He complained about having his head constantly shaved to the point that Punch Tominaga no longer has a Punch Perm. To a masked wrestler, their mask is their life. To Punch Tominaga, the punch perm is his life. Anyone so willing to take the livelihoods away from people has no place in a wrestling ring. They argued. Eita told DK that their day of reckoning was going to come, very soon.
DK thanked PT for the assist and told him he didn’t look bad with a shaved head.
Yoshino & PAC had a long, but silent face off after the main event. He left with the rest of R・E・D.
Yoshino received cheers for his win, but he admitted that he also heard the voices of those who were pulling for Ben-K to win and open the door for the new generation. He’s been here since Toryumon. 18 years now. He has no plans on handing things over to the youngsters so easily. Doi feels the same. He knows that the Twin Gate champions do too. They are still the force that guides Dragon Gate and they won’t just pass the reigns over to the likes of Eita or Shimizu without a fight.
He was happy he won, but he was also very happy with what he saw in the Triangle Gate title match. Jason & Kaito had a fire lit under them. Jason has only been around for about a year, but it feels like he has been here many more. They didn’t win today, but he knows they will be champions sooner than later if they keep this pace.
This is the last show in Osaka for 2018. Toryumon Japan launched in 1999, so next year will be the 20th anniversary. He has many plans to give back to the fans for all their support over those 20 years, so he asked the fans to look forward to it. He thanked them for coming today and hoped they would stay with him and Dragon Gate as they dash towards 2019 and the anniversary.