7/21/2013 Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall ~Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival 2013 – 9600 Attendance
1. Super Shisa, Shachihoko BOY, Rich Swann⭕ (7:07 Standing 450 Splash) Kotoka, Super Shenlong III, Chihiro Tominaga❌
2. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa Bosou 10 Match Series ~Submission Chapter~: Yoshiaki Fujiwara (0:20 Arm Lock) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
2b. Yoshiaki Fujiwara (8:27 Fujiwara Armbar) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
3. HUB, Cyber Kong⭕, NOSAWA Rongai (10:18 Cyber Bomb) Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin❌
4. Open the Triangle Gate Champion 3 Way 6 Man Tag Team Match: Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda vs. Don Fujii, Gamma, Dragon Kid vs. Kzy, Problem Dragon, Uhaa Nation
-DK (18:48 Ultra Hurricanrana) Kzy
-Horiguchi (21:43 Backslide Times) Gamma
5. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Masato Yoshino (18:18 Sol Naciente Kai) K-ness
6. No Disqualification Match: YAMATO (16:54 Choke Sleeper) Masaaki Mochizuki
7. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Naruki Doi, Ricochet⭕ (24:19 Double Rotation Moonsault) Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk
*Hulk+Akira fail in their 1st Defense, WORLD-1 become the 27th Champion Team
8. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Shingo Takagi (37:33 Last Falconry) CIMA
*CIMA fails in his 16th Defense, Takagi becomes the 15th Champion
Tanizaki & Kagetora had more problems today, continuing the issue that began in Osaka last week.
CIMA & Takagi had a face to face meeting after match 3. Takagi said that today was the 15th Kobe World show, and he was facing CIMA in the main event. It doesn’t get anymore stressful than that. It was evident that there were still many fans of CIMA and his generation. However, everyone in attendance, at movie theatre live viewings, and watching on PPV all over the world would see a Takagi win tonight.
CIMA said that at the first World 15 years ago, he was but 21 years old. He’s held DRAGON GATE on his back since then. He asked the fans who would win tonight, to which they sided with him.
Horiguchi promised that the Jimmys would pile up many Triangle Gate defenses.
K-ness appeared in an all gold costume. Yoshino wore an Italian colour themed costume, as a nod to his YOSSINO appearance from their title match 10 years ago.
President Okamura gave his customary speech after intermission. He said the usual things about fan support, and reaffirming that while DRAGON GATE was an international entity they will always look for ways to strengthen the Kobe home base. Last year they began the monthly Kobe events. Next month they will do 2 Kobe events in one month for the first time. As always, they will never forget the original intentions the company set forth.
Eita, Tomahawk, and Yuta Tanaka appeared on the VTR screen in a taped message. Tomahawk is now T-Hawk, and Yuta is now U-T. They formally announced themselves as the Millennials unit. They are a unit that contains performers born in the 1990s. It was very easy to distinguish their friends from their foes. Anyone that isn’t from their generation is an enemy. They announced that they were preparing for their return to Japan.
YAMATO taunted Mocchy after choking him out. He said the sound of his elderly bones snapping was music to his ears. Today, he was completely perfect. Today, he was once again the absolute coolest and sexiest.
At long last, CIMA tasted defeat. He accepted it, and put the Dream Gate title around the waist of the new champion. Takagi said that he beat him after 15 defenses, on the 15th Kobe World. The significance of this was not lost on him. He thanked CIMA for the fight.
CIMA spoke for a long while. He talked about his injury in 2008 that lead to the first Dream Gate reign for Takagi. He once again called all the newer generation performers to the ring. Doi & Yoshino spoke briefly about their prior battles with CIMA, and thanked him for all he has done.
Hulk was less than complimentary. He gave CIMA a First Flash. He said anyone who loses to someone as garbage as Takagi was never the apex of anything to begin with.
YAMATO was looking forward to challenging CIMA again, but he will enjoy beating Takagi for the title.
CIMA spoke again. He said today, a new gate was opened. Together, all of DRAGON GATE would step through it. He left the arena to a large CIMA chant.
DoiYoshi & Maraha Isappa shared some lighthearted banter before passing the microphone to the new champion, and the man whose key opened the new gate.
Takagi thanked fans for coming, and staying to the end. He reiterated that the significance of his accomplishment today was not lost on him. He hoped fans would support him on his reign, and again thanked everyone for today.
0. Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin (6:29 Manjigatame) Super Shenlong III
1. Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk⭕ (11:35 First Flash) Ricochet, Rich Swann❌
2. Problem Dragon (4:43 Backslide) Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
3. Shingo Takagi⭕, Cyber Kong (15:26 Pumping Bomber) CIMA, Gamma❌
4. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito⭕ (16:56 Messenger) K-ness, Naruki Doi❌
5. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Dragon Kid⭕ (18:50 Bible) YAMATO, Kzy❌, Uhaa Nation
Yoshino was pulled from this show due to a foot injury suffered in the main event yesterday in Osaka. Doi came out during the introductory promotion part and was ready to fight RyoSuka in a handicap match. He was interrupted by K-ness. Since Yoshino was injured fighting him, he would take his spot today for the sake of the Nagoya fans. Doi was hesitant, but eventually agreed to a one night only DoiK-ness team. Horiguchi came out, upset over K-ness blowing off their scheduled match. This brought out Problem Dragon. He agreed to fight Horiguchi for the sake of weakening him in advance of their Triangle Gate match at World.
7/14/2013 Osaka, BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM -1500 Attendance
0. Super Shenlong III (5:54 Sakauchi) Chihiro Tominaga
1. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!⭕, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito (12:49 Backslide From Heaven) Dragon Kid, Gamma❌
2. Super Shisa, Kotoka⭕ (8:37 Momo Latch) Jimmy Kagetora, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin❌
3. 3 Way Match: Cyber Kong (11:10 Cyber Bomb) Problem Dragon❌; Jimmy Susumu
4. Masaaki Mochizuki⭕, Don Fujii (15:43 Galleria Cutback) YAMATO❌, Uhaa Nation
5. BxB Hulk, Akira Tozawa⭕, Kzy (15:35 Package German Suplex Hold) Naruki Doi❌, Ricochet. Rich Swann
6. Dream & Brave Gate Skirmish Special Tag Match: CIMA, Masato Yoshino⭕ (20:54 Modified Crucifix) K-ness❌, Shingo Takagi
Tanizaki appeared to be very upset with Kagetora after their match, pinning the blame for their loss on him. He shoved him a bit before storming off.
MB attacked Kong after the 3 way. Problem Dragon stripped him of his mask. Kong ran wild for a few moments with his face exposed, throwing Pineapple Bombers before covering up with a towel. Problem Dragon dipped the mask into his salt bucket then tossed it into the crowd.
The night was generally filled with promo battles for World. Mochizuki & YAMATO, Tozawa & Doi, and all the main event participants took turns going in on their respective opponents.
7/13/2013 Hiroshima, Fukuyama Big Rose – 500 Attendance
0. K-ness (5:52 Aoki Hikari) Kotoka
1. CIMA⭕, Dragon Kid (13:37 Meteora) Ricochet, Rich Swann❌
2. Gamma (9:55 Inside Cradle with Tights Pulled Down) Akira Tozawa
3. Masaaki Mochizuki (13:03 Inside Cradle) Ryo “Jimmy” Saito
4. Jimmy Susumu⭕, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! (13:33 Mugen) Shingo Takagi, Super Shenlong III❌
5. YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Uhaa Nation⭕ (16:07 Uhaa Combination) Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Shachihoko BOY❌
7/7/2013 Kyoto, KBS Hall – 850 Attendance
1. BxB Hulk, Uhaa Nation⭕ (10:42 Uhaa Combination) Dragon Kid❌, Don Fujii
2. Naruki Doi, Ricochet⭕ (12:05 Die Fly) Jimmy Kagetora, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin❌
3. CIMA, Gamma⭕, HUB (16:19 Top Rope Tombstone Piledriver) Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda❌
4. K-ness⭕, Jimmy Susumu (13:05 Sol Noches El) Masato Yoshino, Rich Swann❌
5. Masaaki Mochizuki⭕, Shingo Takagi (16:43 Sankakugeri to the Face) YAMATO❌, BxB Hulk
Off the win over the champion team, Gamma challenged for the Triangle Gate again. Horiguchi said the next challenge was promised to MB. However, this was Dragon Gate. So if it was ok with the Team Veteran team, they could do a 3 way at World. They accepted and the match was set.
K-ness brought out the move he used to counter the Sol Naciente during their feud 10 years ago. Sol Naciente means rising sun in Spanish. Sol Noches El means setting sun. Yoshino told him he should be more immediately concerned about the tag match in Osaka next weekend.
7/6/2013 Kyoto, KBS Hall – 850 Attendance
0. Rich Swann (7:43 Swan Dive Style Firebird Splash) Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
1. Dragon Kid⭕, Gamma (12:18 Bible) Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora❌
2. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! (9:13 Backslide from Heaven) HUB
3. Don Fujii (9:39 Gedo Clutch) Ryo “Jimmy” Saito
4. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Ricochet⭕ (16:59 Die Fly) Akira Tozawa, Uhaa Nation, Kzy❌
5. 3 Way Tag Match: YAMATO⭕, BxB Hulk (20:46 Galleria) CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki❌; Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong
YAMATO taunted Takagi & Mochizuki after the main event. He told them he was just now showing his true potential. Because he was free. He asked the Kyoto fans if they had ever seen someone as cool and sexy as him. Takagi said he could talk all he wanted, but tomorrow he was going to lose in the tag match. Mochizuki basically said the same thing, but added that he has gone from simply not caring for YAMATO to hating him more than anyone.
Takagi & CIMA also had a brief war of words over their upcoming title match, and the special tag match in Osaka next weekend.
At this point, Kong got back in the ring. He once again talked about his Road to Unit affiliation that turned into a Road to Nowhere. After Korakuen, he knew what his true feelings were. He wanted to officially join -akatsuki-. Takagi told him if that was how he really felt, he would let him become a full time member.
Takagi closed things out by reiterating that the sun was not going to set on -akatsuki-.
7/4/2013 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall – 1850 Attendance
0. Kenichiro Arai, Super Shisa⭕ (6:39 Yoshitonic) Chihiro Tominaga❌, Super Shenlong III
1. Ricochet⭕, Rich Swann, Shachihoko BOY (11:29 Swan Dive Shooting Star Press) Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda❌, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
2. Cyber Kong (7:32 Cyber Bomb) Jimmy Kagetora
3. Dragon Kid⭕, Gamma (12:09 Bible) Problem Dragon, Kzy❌
4. K-ness (11:04 Hikari no Wa) HUB
5. Shingo Takagi(6:54 MADE IN JAPAN) Akira Tozawa
6. GAORA Dragon Gate Mugendai ~Infinity~ 300th Broadcast Commemoration Special – Open Lottery 10 Man Tag Match: CIMA⭕, Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Uhaa Nation (29:16 Meteora) Jimmy Susumu❌, Naruki Doi, YAMATO, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk
The main event teams were picked via lottery by children from the audience.
Gamma called his match an easy win. MondaiZ & Uhaa have the next, but since 2/3 of that team were so easily beaten, it was almost sacrilege for them to keep it. Gamma, DK, & Fujii would happily take. Mondai complained, but the next match started while he was still talking. HUB smashed him with his tail to get rid of him.
K-ness told the crowd about his upcoming Brave Gate shot. He promised to return for the 8.1 Korakuen as champion.
After dispatching Tozawa with shocking ease, Takagi told him that while -akatsuki- was weakened by YAMATO leaving, he himself was not weak. He would beat CIMA in Kobe, and the -akatsuki- sun will rise again.
Referee Yagi was hit by a box attack in the Team Veteran vs. MondaiZ, causing a big wound. He came out before the main to apologize for being unable to referee it. However, they managed to find a volunteer. Kanda came out, to officiate his first match in several years. Kanda said anyone who got out of line would receive a John Woo.
CIMA took the microphone after the main. He bluntly told Takagi that he cannot be beaten. He twice asked the crowd who they thought would win, both times they replied with a resounding “CIMA!” He passed the microphone to Takagi for rebuttal, but he was jumped by YAMATO.
YAMATO told him no one wanted to hear him talk. Takagi noted he has beaten Hulk, Nation, & Tozawa on consecutive Korakuen shows. YAMATO then got to the point. He wanted a unit disbands match. Tozawa jumped in and helped goad him into it. Takagi asked Tominaga & Shenlong if they were okay with it. They both said yes, and to believe in them. -akatsuki- accepted. Tozawa was overjoyed. He said that while Nation was going home after World, BLANKEY still would field 5 members on their team. With -akatsuki- looking like they would be down 5-3, Cyber Kong came out. He mentioned his Road to Unit Affiliation that turned into a Road to Nowhere. He wanted to join -akatsuki-, particularly for the sake of this match. YAMATO took the initiative to deny this. Kong went as far as to dogeza to YAMATO, kneeling directly on the ground. The is a symbolic gesture that can be used when asking a favour of someone of higher class. It was decided that if Kong could beat Nation in arm wrestling, he could join. He did so when Tominaga his Nation with salt during some confusion. -akatsuki- was still left with a 4 on 5 disadvantage. Kong mentioned something about America to Takagi, but didn’t finish the sentence. Takagi proposed that the numbers stay uneven, but -akatsuki- would only need a 2 count to win. Tozawa agreed, but added one more stipulation. The loser of the fall would lose their mask or hair. They match was set for the 8.1 Korakuen.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)