January 13th, 2019
Osaka, Edion Arena Osaka #2
Open the New Year Gate 2019
0. Hyo Watanabe△ (5:00 Time Limit Draw) Misterioso△
1. Eita⭕️ (1:46 Imperial Uno) Ryo Saito❌
2. Don Fujii⭕️, Gamma, K-ness. (11:24 Super Chokeslam) Masaaki Mochizuki, Genki Horiguchi, Problem Dragon❌
3. Rookie Ranking Tournament Semifinal: Shun Skywalker⭕️ (8:50 Pinfall) Yuki Yoshioka❌
4. Rookie Ranking Tournament Semifinal: Kaito Ishida⭕️ (16:48 Tiger Suplex Hold) U-T❌
5. Yasushi Kanda, Takashi Yoshida⭕️ (11:48 Cyber Bomb) Masato Yoshino, Jason Lee❌
6. Kzy⭕️, Susumu Yokosuka (16:48 Running Elbow Smash) Naruki Doi❌, Dragon Kid
7. YAMATO⭕️, Kagetora, KAI (14:28 Galleria) PAC, Big R Shimizu, Ben-K❌
Shun asserted himself as the top ranked member of Mochizuki Dojo. Still, Yoshioka is his peer, his rival, and his comrade in Mochizuki Dojo. He will carry his spirit with him in the finals on Wednesday.
Ishida claimed that the win today firmly put him ahead of U-T. As for Shun, he has been talking a lot about effort and opportunity, but he hasn’t actually accomplished anything. The unit battlefield is the core of Dragon Gate. Ishida went through great pains to get into MaxiMuM. He wasn’t going to lose to someone who wasn’t even in a unit. He may not be in a unit, but Shun Skywalker was aiming for the top of Dragon Gate and losing to Ishida in the finals wasn’t a part of that plan.
Even without the Triangle Gate, Kzy & Natural Vibes were going to be unstoppable in 2019. Wins over Yoshino & Doi on back-to-back days was proof. This was just the beginning. Kzy Time was just beginning.
Kid wondered what was going on with Doi & Yoshino. This year is the Dragon Gate’s 20th anniversary. Why was Yoshino so nonchalant about losing yesterday? Yoshino, Doi, & Jason have all lost over the last few days. Maybe they are still recovering from the holidays? He’s not mad at them and he doesn’t want to talk down to them. He knows they are great wrestlers and that MaxiMuM is the best unit, but as their leader(?) he wants them to say something. Ishida confirmed DK was not the leader. They joined as regular members. As for recovering from the holidays, Kid himself suffered a bout of influenza during the break. Even though he recovered before the first show, he shouldn’t be calling out the others like this after they supported him. DK conceded that Ishida was right. He should choose his words more carefully. Lesson learned. MaxiMuM will only grow stronger together in 2019!
YAMATO thanked KAI again for lending his aid to Tribe Vanguard in their time of need. There may be many fans that aren’t familiar with him, so KAI introduced himself. YAMATO wasn’t sure if Maria, Hulk, or Flamita would be around when DG returns to Osaka for Champion Gate in March, but KAI will give them the firepower that Tribe will need to get to that series in one piece. Since he won the match, KAI got to close out the show with a 1-2-3-Thank you!